Monday, November 26, 2012

Our House's First Christmas

This Christmas season we are finally in a house of our own! Last year on December 24th we put in an offer on this house and it was accepted! This year I have been so excited to decorate knowing that this is, God willing, where we will be for a long time. I love the thought of adding to my Christmas decoration collection over time!

Here are some pics of the house so far. And yes, that means I'm not done yet!

The front porch! We have our wooden rockers on the right side of the porch. I had to put my Adirondack chairs back on the left side because I had the bright red cushions!

Simplistic snowman, lighted tree in a pot I had, driftwood sled (yay Florida roots), wrapped Christmas storage boxes in muslin and sweater paper (beats re-storing them, right), and Bennett's red wooden chair from his room.

The foyer. I found the green pillows in NC. I think they really cozy up the space!
The foyer the other way.
Our Tree and Mantle (which is still a work in progress). My friend Sarah helped me make my custom stockings last year!
Family Room bookcase. Rag lighted garland with a 3D snowflake I made. Last year I decorated the store front window for Natural Baby in downtown Greenville and I did this same concept but in their teal and white colors.
My mother in law passed this down to us! I'm in love. This is in our dining room!
Bennett's tree upstairs in the alcove by his room. I love the sock monkey tree topper. :o)
My grandma, Hot Dot, is in town! Bennett loves her to pieces!
New pillow covers to soften the chairs, Stocking/mitten advent calendar I made, new framed photo from our family shoot by Jaime Huffman Photography, and reindeer key holder from Target (but I found it at Goodwill for 2 bucks!)

Thanks for stopping by! I'll post more (and better quality pictures) soon! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment