Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Queso Blanco Mac and Cheese

Finally a post about Macaroni! It's only appropriate since it's the name of my blog. And before I go any further let me just say how much I love the spiral type of pasta noodles. It holds in the flavor of sauces so well and so much better than any other type of noodle.  I use it for almost any type of pasta I make, especially macaroni and spaghetti!

So, without further ado, let me introduce to you the MOST DELICIOUS spiral macaroni recipe you will ever devour in your entire life. My grandma concocted it this past weekend...so I can't take credit, but I will of course share. Just a fair disclaimer...it's not healthy. (But if you know me well you know most of what I eat is not). So if you want to feed a crowd, want leftovers for your hubby, home-made Easy Mac for your little ones, or just want to veg out on some comfort food I've got you covered with this Queso Blanco Mac and Cheese! It's even a great food for tailgating this football season. It's husband approved, Bennett approved, and my whole side of the family approved! Great job, Grandma!

Queso Blanco Mac and Cheese by Gramma Hot Dot




Ingredients:

* 1lb. box Queso Blanco Velvetta Chees (it's new...and frekin' delcious!) It's BOGO at Publix this week!
* 4 cups milk (I used 2%. Gma used whole milk. Please don't ruin this recipe and use like organic soy coconut watered down milk.)
* 1 tsp yellow mustard :o)
* 2 TBS flour
* 1/2 stick butter
* 1 box rotini pasta noodles (spiral macaroni)
* 2 Slices American cheese singles (optional)


Directions:

** Cook rotini pasta separately while you're making cheese mixture.

1.  Heat together flour and butter in pan until mixed.
2. Pour in 4 cups of milk.
3. Cut up Velveeta cube, singles slices (if you choose so), and yellow mustard into mixture. Heat until melted. Stir frequently.
4. Once pasta is cooked, drain, and add to cheese mixture. Stir and take off heat. Let it sit and thicken. It will be runny at first. It will thicken in about 5-10 minutes. Stir every once and awhile. Once it's thickened up, it's ready to serve!

Ummm....yummm.

Thanks, Grandma! I sure love your cooking!

Grandma and I on her 80th this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment