Monday, August 20, 2012

Mantle Decor: Early Fall

Today Bennett and I worked on redecorating our mantle! When I say "worked on it", I mean zipping in and out of Hobby Lobby before he got too fussy in order for me to pick up some floral arrangements to finish up what I had in mind. You crafty mothers understand. :o)

I feel like summer days are pretty much over. Back to school pictures and statuses are swarming my Facebook news feed and I haven't seen much action at our pool lately. So I decided it was time to take the plunge, remove the teal and cream channel markers from my summer mantel and start fresh!

Here's what I got so far!


I had the "crazy mirror" from back in February when we moved into the new place. I bought it at Hobby Lobby on sale. I ended up putting it above the fireplace because I thought it would transition nicely throughout the different seasons. We will see how that goes. So far, so good I think.

The tin bucket I got yard saling this past Saturday for 50 cents. (Same house as the tee pee purchase!)

The yellow, burnt orange, and red sunflowers I just picked up at Hobby Lobby today! 50% off floral! I love Sunflowers and feel like they're a great transition flower for early fall. They still have that hint of summer about them.

The A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E owls I found at Home Goods for a steal this past weekend! They are sewn together. I love how the little one's legs hang over the edge of the mantle. Owls remind me of back to school being wise and all. :o)

The green lanterns I found at our Goodwill for $3.00! They are the coolest! I still have to put some little tea lights in them for ambiance.




I would love to add a banner below the mantle of coordinating fall fabrics. This will have to be a nap time project. :o) I also think a bow on the tin can may add a nice touch. I'll get around to it!

As for now I'm going to enjoy the coming of early fall, school buses screeching, and almost the beginning of apple-picking season!

Bye, bye summer mantle!




No comments:

Post a Comment