Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ode to Baby Feet

Ever since the first moment I held Benn, his little feet have fascinated me. Not just because they're teeny tiny, chubby, and perfect for smooching, but because it's so amazing to think about all the places those two little feet will take him some day.



The sports he'll play, the games he'll win, the games he'll lose..
The  girls on the playground he'll chase..
The trees he'll climb..
The cars he'll drive too fast..


The job interviews he'll go on..
The crowds of people he'll stand before to speak to..
The wife he'll dance with at his wedding..
The little girl he'll let stand on his feet when he dances with her...


I'd love to keep these chubby baby feet little and small forever. I kiss his precious toes every single day, wishing I could protect him from all the places they could lead him. (Especially the cords behind the couch at this moment in time).



I know... he'll grow, his feet will get bigger, and pretty soon he'd be highly embarrassed if I went around kissing his toes all the time. :o)


I'm thankful that he's growing up in a Christian home where he knows God has a plan for him and he can trust the Lord on his walk through life. And I'm super thankful that I can rest assured God will protect him as his feet grow to take him on all of life's many adventures.



Do you have a soft spot in your heart for baby feet?



"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." - Psalm 119: 105

Happy Sunday, everyone. If you have a baby at home, kiss their little toes today before they're all grown up and it's too late. :o)

Bennett's little toes, our big love...5 days old


No comments:

Post a Comment