Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How I Became a Pirate

Today I became a pirate. I wish I had a cool story to go along with how I became, but it's quite lame to be honest. Nevertheless...it cheered my teething son up. That is...after he injured me.



Late last night or should I say very early this morning around 4 AM...I was in a teething accident. Yes. Lame-O. I put Bennett down in his crib, kissed his forehead "goodnight" (for the 14th billionth time that night), and his hand swung up....his finger going straight into my eye ball. Lovely.

I couldn't see out of it the rest of the night and all today. I don't even want to talk about how diaper changes went. Feedings? Aiming at thin air is highly productive to an infant that is refusing to eat in the first place. Time to see the doc.



It's hard to only use one eye and makes you really dizzy. I'm not allowed to drive while wearing it. I don't know how blind people function. Hats off to them.  It's just a scratch, so it should be healed soon.

Until then, Bennett and I are going to make the best of the situation. I honestly think it helped cheer him up somehow. Here's a video from Bennett's pirate ship crow's nest cam:


And a report on the 'lil teething matey.... No teeth. ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!

But.... we've got the fever under control finally, he's still not eating hardly at all, and the crankiness is not as bad as yesterday, but he still isn't a peach to be around. Please come soon, teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment