Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Peter Rabbit Picnic" Invitation Reveal

I'm pumped that this is my very first "non-test" post of my new blog!

One of my long-time college best friends, Emily, is having her first baby this coming June and I have the honor of throwing her a baby shower! (My first shower I've ever thrown to be honest).



 After MUCH thought I decided to throw her a Peter Rabbit Picnic! I am all about parties having special meaning to the guest of honor so I was searching for the perfect theme for her for quite awhile. Her husband's nursery was decorated in a Peter Rabbit theme when he was a baby so I knew this was perfect for them! My aunt is a Master Gardener and keeps her grounds looking fabulous year round, which is why I asked her if I could host the shower at her house... because our house is looking less than ideal right now. She of course graciously agreed and because of that, I will be turning her house into "Mr. McGregor's Garden!"

It may not look like it in the pictures, but the invites were a labor of love! However, I am very please with how they turned out. I hired on two of my best friends for their cutting assistance as we watched Bridesmaids in my husband's "Mancave." One of my best friend's sister, Courtney, did the writing on the invitations! She did a FABULOUS job! Thank you again, Court!

Here are the two different tail options I sent out. We made an "uh-oh" on the writing part (due to my lack of explaining to Court) and had to relocate the tail on some of them. But I was pleased that both ways turned out just as adorable as could be!




I ended up having to hand-craft the envelopes as well because I mis-calculated the size of the invitations to fit the envelopes I had planned for. Rookie mistake! But I actually loved the sweet personal touch of the envelopes when they were all said and done! I was praying pretty hard though they'd hold up in the
 mail! :o)



I can't wait to continue to plan all the details for this shower coming up in the middle of May and to share all the wonderful details with you all once the shower is over!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment