Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hodge Podge Weekend

Hodge Podge weekends are the best. Probably my favorite. There's no rhyme or reason to them and they sometimes come with great surprises, and they usually are filled with people you love! This past weekend was one for us. Michael has a long weekend every other weekend with his schedule. (He's off Friday, Saturday, Sunday...every other week! It's great!)

On Friday, my maid of honor and her boyfriend, Jeremy, came into town! She finally got to meet Bennett! They both have been busting their butts at PA school this year so it was awesome to visit with them and show Jeremy around Greenville!

Tsunami with Ilysa, Jeremy, Mike, Court, and Daniel! Only Missing Kerry and Daniel and we'd have our whole college apartment!


Jeremy's a goof



Totally taking credit for their first engagement shot. ;o)


Bennett had an epic weekend amongst the hoge podge-ness. He begun oral hygiene, graced the town with his Chuck-wearing cuteness, and watched a hot air balloon show from the backyard. Oh- and shared Animal crackers with Daddy. He's pretty whooped.








Mike took me to Pedal Chic downtown to see Robin (the owner) and let me pick out some new shoes for my road bike! She absolutely adores Bennett. Bennett peed on her on this visit, though. :o) I'm obsessed with the black, white, and red color scheme of the shoes! They look BOSS with my bike! As far as road bike shoes go...not a fan of the all white coloring...too Pee-Wee Herman for me. The all black shoes just look too much like the "hey I'm trying really hard to look tough at the gym workout shoes" (Just can't do it). But hey- everyone's got their own style. I personally think it matters what your bike coloring is. I went around holding the shoes up to my bike in the store. It had to look right with the "celeste" teal color of my bike!


Tomorrow I'm headed to my favorite consignment store to get some chairs for our foyer entry way! I've been trying to focus on my mantel area and entry way lately. I've got to stop trying to do every room in my whole house at once! After we get back from the beach we're doing our built-ins on the sides of the fireplace! I can't express how over-joyed I am about THAT! As for now- I love my husband for hanging my pretty mirror above the fireplace. We decided we don't like the look of a mounted TV above the fireplace. I'd rather decorate the mantle for Christmas, Halloween, etc. I don't like the idea of a screen in the way. We're going to do a TV in the built-ins instead, plus we have the projector wall as well and the media room upstairs. So no TV above the fireplace for this family! Just having commitment problems with it... :o)


Happy Hodge Podge weekend to everyone! Aren't they the best!? Oh! And don't forget! The giveaway for the free photoshoot OF YOUR CHOICE with Kiralynn Photography ends tomorrow morning at 9! Be sure to go back to this post here on my blog and enter to win! It's easy!

Check the blog tomorrow to see who won at to also check out my sweet new entry way chairs! Sooooo pumped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment